Diana Dean, PA-C
Diana K. Dean, PA-C, a native Georgian, grew up in Stone Mountain. After high school, she attended The University of Georgia in Athens, and then the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta. She graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in physician assistant studies. After graduation in 1991, Diana returned to Atlanta to pursue her career as a physician assistant and has worked in orthopedics ever since.
Diana is Board Certified with Special Recognition in Surgery by the NCCPA and holds a Georgia License for Physician Assistants. She has always wanted to help others in the field of medicine. Her interest in sports medicine and orthopedics began after she incurred an injury.
Diana and her husband Charles reside in Gainesville on Lake Lanier. Her hobbies include boating, fishing, riding motorcycles and traveling. She enjoys helping with Special Olympics and charity events for diabetes and cancer.
- The University of Georgia
Bachelor of Science, Pre-Med Undergraduate Studies – Athens, Georgia – 1989
- Medical College of Georgia
Bachelor of Science, Physician Assistant Studies – Augusta, Georgia – 1991
Certifications & Awards
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), with special recognition in surgery – 1991
- Georgia Association of Physician Assistants (GAPA) Physician PA Partnership Award – 2011
- Member, Georgia Association of Physician Assistants (GAPA_
- Member, American Association of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Member, Physician Assistants in Orthopaedic Surgery (PAOS)